Blog Archive

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Joke Improved Upon??

Do you live in a normal family?  I don't.  I live in a crazy family and I'm proud of it.  Each one of us contributes our own level of craziness, making for an interesting but super-duper fun mix.  One of the chief contributors funniness-wise (Is that even a word?  I don't think so) is my 4-year-old brother, Pip.  Pip-squeak (and he really is a peanut size-wise) is a boy who loves to talk.  He loves being the center of attention and will often become quite a nut when he has a captive audience.  Pip is usually pleasant-mannered (I did say "usually") and has many friends.  One of Pip's closer friends, Seth, told Pip a joke a while ago.  Now, Pip loves a good joke, and he decided that this one was his new favourite.  He does make a slight change in the joke, though, and I will leave it to you to decide if his version improves the joke. 


Original Version

Jokster:  Hey, I think I left my henway in your room 

Unknowing Victim:  What's a henway?

Jokster:  About 3 or 4 pounds


Pip's Version (which he doesn't realize is pretty different from the original)

Pip:  Uggg!  I think I left my chickenway in your room.  What's a chicken way?  Oh, 'bout 3 or 4 miles.  

(yes he tells the entire joke himself and leaves no room for another participant)


So what do you think?  Is my little brother a goofball or what?  If you say "what", I will just assume that you know very little of Philip.  

1 comment:

carolinatractorgirl said...

Cutie pie Pip. Wish I could give you a hug, Pip! I miss you.